All students admitted to the School of Nursing and Health Studies’ (SONHS) nursing programs must successfully complete a set of clinical clearance requirements prior to beginning their nursing coursework. For undergraduates in the Traditional BSN program, these criteria must be met prior to beginning clinical coursework. Students admitted to the Accelerated BSN or graduate programs must complete these requirements prior to their first day of classes.
Matriculation into nursing coursework is contingent upon students’ successful completion of all clinical clearance requirements. Once enrolled, students are expected to remain current and in good standing on all required immunizations, certifications, and licensures in order to meet the requirements set forth by our clinical partners.
The SONHS uses American DataBank’s Complio system to facilitate the clinical clearance process. Please read the information below to learn how you can complete and maintain your clinical clearance.
Clinical Clearance Requirements
Our clinical clearance requirements include four main areas:
1) Background Checks: This includes two fingerprint screenings that provide information from various agency reports, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), Agency for Health Care Administration Background Screening (AHCA), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), General Services Administration (GSA), and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), among others
2) Drug Tests: This includes 1 10-panel drug screen completed upon admission and 1 random 10-panel drug screen completed at the direction of the SONHS
3) Immunization and Physical Exam Records: This includes a current physical exam and valid Flu, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR), Meningococcal Meningitis, Varicella, Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis, and Tuberculosis (PPD)
4) Certifications and Licensures: This includes all certifications and/or licensures required for your academic program
Complete Your Clinical Clearance
To order your clinical clearance package through American DataBank, log on to Complio at http://www.umcompliance.com/ and follow the steps to place your order:
1) Step 1: Under “Bundles,” select “Criminal Check, Elective FBI Processing, 2 Drug Screens, AHCA Fingerprints + Immunization Tracking”
2) Step 2: Enter your 5# for your “UMID number”
3) Steps 3 through 8: Finalize your order
Once you submit your order, follow the directions provided by American DataBank in addition to those listed above to complete your clinical clearance requirements.
For assistance with the Complio system or questions related to your clinical clearance package, please contact American DataBank at 1-800-200-0853.